Blog on caregiver, cleaning and health care related matters.
Sep-27-2021 | aging in place, Alzheimer's Care, Caregiver Employment, Caregiver job, Caregiver Service, Companion Caregiver, Dementia Care, Elderly Care, Fall Activities for Seniors, Hire CNA, Hire HHA, Hire PCA, Home Healthcare, House Cleaning, In Home Care, Janitorial Service, Long Term Care, Office Cleaning, Outdoor Activities for Seniors, Polish Care Services, Polish Care Services Trademark, Retirement Plans for Seniors, Senior Care Services, Spring Activities, Summer Activities for Seniors, Uncategorized,
Fall is just around the corner, which means cooler weather, warm sweaters, and pumpkins are on the way. While the season is well known for the use of pumpkin spice, it’s also a time full of activities. Here are several social activities to enjoy with a loved one in your life.
Fall is home to Halloween, which means dressing up in fun costumes. Seniors can make their costumes with an in-home caregiver just for fun or for an upcoming party. It’s a great way to engage creative skills while having fun. It can also bring up memories of past Halloween holidays, which can be shared with friends and family.
Pumpkin carving is another fun fall activity that you can do with a loved one. It’s not as easy as it may appear. But with the right preparation, it can be a fun and satisfying experience. Tips to carve the perfect pumpkin include:
– Get a fresh pumpkin with a thick stem, and a flat bottom. Make sure there are no bruises.
– Scoop out all the pulp and thin out the area where the design or face goes to an inch thick to make the shell easier to pierce.
– Draw out your pumpkin’s design first before you carve and use it as a pattern.
Make Fall Crafts
Crafts help to celebrate fall and keep seniors engaged at the same time. Some use things from nature, while others mimic the colors of fall. Try projects like:
– Take leaves from your front yard and spray them with copper spray paint or another metallic color. Use them for a fall wreath or other crafts to dress them up.
– Make a hanging display with your crafts. Coat your crafts with glitter and let them dry. Apply a ribbon to each piece with a hot glue gun and hang them up.
– Press fall leaves between the pages of a book. Get two pieces of glass cut to the desired picture size and place the leaves between the glass once dry to hang on the wall.
If you’re looking for a way to keep your loved one engaged this fall, turn to Polish Care Services. Our expert care staff will match you with a caregiver just in time for fall. Reach out to us today!